Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
Sudden power outages can be frustrating and troublesome, especially when they last a long time. If a power outage is two hours or less, you need not be concerned about losing your perishable foods. For prolonged power outages, though, there are steps you can take to minimize food loss and to keep all members of your household as comfortable as possible.
Brought to you by the American Red Cross, this guide for preparing for emergency power outages will help you and your family remain calm. Ask yourself:
- How do I prepare for a power outage?
- What should I do to preserve my food?
- Should I put together an emergency preparedness kit?
- If so, what supplies should I include?
- How can I keep food as safe as possible?
- What should I do about electrical equipment in a power outage?
- How I can safely use a generator?
- Should I throw out unsafe food?
- What should I know about carbon monoxide?
Remember, part of staying calm and safe in an emergency is preparing for an emergency ahead of time. Create your action plan today!
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles