Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
What is disaster preparedness? Simply put, it’s making sure that you put up measures to ensure that you’re prepared in a disaster or emergency. For starters, you need to make sure that you have your basic needs like food and water. This short 2-page guide by the Iowa State University will focus on making sure that you have food to eat during an emergency or disaster.
When preparing food, most people have two questions. First, what are the foods that you should buy? This guide has a “Suggested Grocery List” so print it out and use it as a guide for your next grocery trip.
For the second question, most people are asking how long they need to prepare for. Of course, it’s better if you can store foods that can last you for weeks, even months. In fact, it’s not unusual for families to store foods for year-long consumption.
If you’re just starting, you can start with a three-day supply of food for disaster preparedness. A lot of survival experts are saying that help can arrive in about 3 days. With a three-day supply of food, you’ll have something to eat until help arrives.
Is there another way for you to take advantage of your food supply? In most cases, a three-day supply of food for disaster preparedness should be enough for you while evacuating. This way, you can focus on evacuating.
This document answers a lot of other questions. These are questions that are running through your mind right now. Download this guide and get the answers that you need!
- What is an emergency food supply?
- What type of foods should I buy?
- What’s the difference between an emergency food supply and my regular groceries?
- What foods should I include?
- Does the grocery list assume that I have any foods on hand?
- How much will the emergency food supply cost?
- What if there is no electricity or gas for preparing and refrigerating food?
- How long can the emergency foodsupply be stored in my cupboard?
- Suggested menus for three days
- Suggested Grocery List
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles