Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
This seven-page guide to basic food safety details how to keep food safe during an emergency. For example, did you know that a flood, fire, national disaster, or the loss of power from high winds, snow, or ice could jeopardize the safety of your food? Knowing how to determine if food is safe and how to keep food safe will help minimize the potential loss of food and reduce the risk of foodborne illness. This fact sheet will help you make the right decisions for keeping your family safe during an emergency. You will learn:
- At what temperature should meat, poultry, fish and eggs be refrigerated at?
- How can I salvage all-metal cans and retort pouches?
- How should I clean my pots, pans, dishes and utensils if I don’t have an adequate water supply?
- If some of the food in my freezer begins to thaw, at what point should I throw it away?
- May I refreeze the food in the freezer if it has thawed or is partially thawed?
With a valuable guide to basic food safety, including what timeframes for throwing away meat, poultry, seafood, cheese, dairy, eggs, casseroles, soups, stews, fruits, sauces, spreads, jams, bread, cakes, cookies, pasta, grains, pie, pastries and vegetables. Knowing the basics of food safety can help keep your family safe and healthy during an emergency.
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles