Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
Learn the options for emergency food storage made easy!
The conventional wisdom offered by our government is to go to your local supermarket and buy canned food and dry grains and store them. There are limitations to this survival food strategy that are highlighted below.
Two other options are: MRE or ‘meals ready to eat’ and Freeze Dried Food. These have additional superior survival food benefits that will make you and your family much better prepared for a situation that requires a survival food supply ranging from 72 hours to six months.
While there are four different survival food storage made easy options, consider the following two:
Canned Food and Dry Grains
Buy the canned foods, grains, and bottled water as many government agencies recommend. Store in your house or apartment.
- Good, can be done in two hours or less.
- Bad, most people will forget or not store it properly so it will be useless when it is needed.
- Bad, goods are heavy, space is often limited and people will not be able to store much.
- Bad, grains need a lot of water to cook to eat and water may be unavailable or scarce.
- Bad, you will need to spend a lot of time preparing food.
Freeze Dried Food
- Good, easy to store and lasts up to 30 years.
- Good, fast simple preparations, just add water. But only water that is needed to hydrate the food, much less than cooking.
- Good, once hydrated, freeze dried food taste is very close to original food taste.
- Good, lightweight easy to store, large quantity (mountain house #10 cans) of food for reserves of six weeks, three months or a year. A six-week food reserve can fit under a bed!
- Good, can be ordered online in minutes, delivered to your house. You will only have to spend less than 30 minutes storing it.
- Good, as an economical choice – costs can be less than $3.35 per meal.
These options are important to consider when selecting the right type of survival food plan that is right for you and your family. You can never be too prepared so act now! It could save your family’s life.
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles