Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
Humans are fascinated by gardens, from the lowest to the most important. Nearly every civilization throughout time has had some connection to gardens. The Old Testament of the Bible makes many references to gardens. Oriental literature and folklore – indeed, in most stories that come from the eastern part of the world – gardens hold a special and central place.
From legends to eye witnesses to the writings of the past, we see in humanity a love of growing things, in whatever form temperature, climate, and other conditions have created.
This book’s goal is to take a deeper look at this love and why it exists. But why is this important nowadays? Because a deeper understanding of why gardens have always been so popular and even revered can help you gain a better understanding of why you need them in the first place.
Not only that, but the author of this book wanted to make her observations clear to normal readers. You won’t find any confusing horticulturist jargon here. Just a plain look at gardens, their uses, how they came to look like what they do today, and even musings from past gardeners and great thinkers in how they will evolve.
Along with a greater historical knowledge, the author tries to give her readers a clear sense of what all gardens can be good for. From different types of plants to sanitary uses to using only a carefully cultivated garden to survive, you’ll find, in this book, a wealth of knowledge that is priceless for nearly any situation.
- Literary Antiquities
- Elizabethan Gardening & The Earliest Gardener’s Calendar
- Herbs, Physic Gardens, and Bees
- The Kitchen Garden & Gardens In London in 1691
- Early Catalogs of Plants
- The Ancient and Modern Arbor & Grottoes
- Window Gardening & Cottage Gardens in 1677, Influence of Astrology
- Bacon As A Gardener
- Herbs & Vegetables – Price & Sanitary Value of Vegetables
- Fruit Trees – Homemade Wine & Beer
- Fruit Trees (continued), The Tool House, Pruning, Forest Trees, and Ancient Survival
- Market Gardens, Nurseries
- Gardeners of the Eighteenth Century
- Bibliography of Gardening Literature (1603-1800)
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles