Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
This guide teaches how to preserve your apple harvest.
Did you know?
- Although it is believed that apples were first grown in the Far East and Orient, apple trees were also grown and prized by the people of ancient Rome.
- The Romans took apple seeds with them when they conquered England and eventually the immigrating English brought apples, trees, and seeds to American soil.
- Today, the USA is the principal producer of apples in the world.
Providing a thorough explanation, this informative guide to harvesting apples also teaches and explains:
- What do apples yield? How much does a bushel weigh?
- Learn about fruit pre-treatments, which prevents fruits from darkening.
- Understand the basic cooking chemistry behind syrup solutions.
- Learn how and when to freeze apples.
- Understand the canning process, an excellent food preservation method.
- Learn to make homemade applesauce, apple butter and apple juice.
- How do you dry apples?
- What are the best methods for storing apples?
Once you have read this guide to harvesting apples, you will have a new appreciation for this simple fruit. You will also have a basic understanding of how to can, freeze and store fruit, skills that can easily be applied to other types of fruit and a variety of vegetables.
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles