Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
Learn how to successfully complete your own irrigation projects for your home garden! This detailed guide will teach you:
- How what is commonly known as drip irrigation is actually a combination of several types of low-pressure, low-volume water delivery systems.
The list of the benefits of using drip irrigation over hand watering applies both to plants and gardeners.
- Learn how a drip system:
- Saves water — you could experience up to a 50% reduction when using a properly installed and maintained drip irrigation system.
- Connects directly to the hose bib and doesn’t require cutting water supply lines.
- Avoids randomly watering your plants (and the weeds).
- Targets the exact area where you want the water (for example, the roots) and allows you to deliver it at the exact time you wish (using a timer).
- Installs easily, plus the system components are relatively inexpensive. Kits are available or you can purchase individual components to customize and expand your system.
- Delivers water without creating an overly moist environment that promotes fungal diseases.
- Adapts easily to changes in landscape. Systems can be used for containers, raised beds, vegetable rows or balconies. Drip irrigation can circle a tree or shrub at the drip line.
- Reduces erosion on slopes (remember to place the emitter upslope, above the plant).
- Improves water-holding capacity in sandy soils.
This excellent resource will help you with all your irrigation projects, including determining which type of irrigation best meets your needs. Begin researching your irrigation needs today, before planting your spring and summer garden.
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles