Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
There are many different varieties of beans. Some of the most common types include: lima, kidney, navy, pinto, great northern, small white and red. Beans store well, are inexpensive and can be prepared in many different ways. They are often combined with a small amount of meat as an entrée or used as a side dish.
Did you know?
- Beans are part of the meat group in the Food Guide Pyramid because they are a good source of protein.
- You should have two to three servings from the protein or meat group daily.
- A serving is one cup of cooked beans.
- Beans are high in fiber, low in fat, and a good source of protein, carbohydrates, folate, and many trade minerals. They provide good nutrition for low cost.
- Kidney, navy and northern beans are examples of beans that could be in a diet daily. These are called “everyday” choices. A “sometimes” choice would be bean dip because of the added fat and calories.
This guide to beans will teach you the vast nutritional benefits of beans, including:
- Improve your cooking skills!
- Learn how to prepare dry beans for eating.
- Learn how to cook beans.
- Learn how to store dry beans and cooked beans.
With a variety of healthy recipes, this guide explains the vast nutritional benefits of beans. Easy to store in case of an emergency, this healthful food is ideal for survival situations.
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles