Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
Starting annual flowers and vegetables at home can be fun and offers several advantages. Many gardeners prefer to grow and transplant seedlings so they can select specific cultivars (varieties) and control seedling growth. By starting seedlings indoors, gardeners can enjoy vegetables and blooming annuals earlier in the growing season. Transplanting also reduces some of the hazards (birds, insects, rains, and weed competition) that can occur when seeds are sown directly in the garden. Success with growing transplants requires the following:
- Quality seeds
- Well-drained, disease-free growing medium
- Warm, moist conditions for seed germination
- Adequate light for seedling growth
- A period of plant adjustment to outdoor conditions
This valuable guide to transplanting seedlings will teach you:
- How to select the right type of seeds.
- What are the best types of containers for sowing seeds?
- What is the best way to transplant and thin seedlings?
- What is the best way to care for my seedlings?
- How and when should I move seedlings outdoors into my garden?
This excellent resource also provides a detailed table with common annual flowers and vegetables and information-specific transplanting guidelines. The time to begin growing your seedlings indoors is now! Read this guide and become an expert on growing and transplanting seedlings.
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles