Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
This 4-H vegetable gardening for kids guide is a fantastic way for youngsters to learn about the origins of food. A perfect family project and an excellent way to teach children responsibility, this simple guide explains:
- What can I do in the 4-H Vegetable Gardening Project?
- Design and plant a vegetable garden.
- Learn how to prepare the soil for a successful vegetable garden.
- Start vegetables from seed in a garden or in containers.
- Buy vegetable plants and grow them in your garden or in containers.
- Find out the right way to plant, water, fertilize and manage weeds, insects and diseases in your vegetable garden.
- Learn the different needs of your various vegetable crops. Some may require additional fertilizer at certain times, while others may want only water and weeding to thrive.
- Learn which plants grow best with a cooling mulch, such as wood chips, and which prefer a soil-warming mulch, like black plastic.
- Think about what you and your family like to eat and grow those things.
A great bonding project for families and an excellent way to teach survival skills, building and planting a vegetable gardening for kids is a ‘must’ spring and summer project!
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles