Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
This fantastic 100-page Amateur Radio Emergency Services guide offers detailed information about preparing for an emergency.
The Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) consists of licensed amateurs who have voluntarily registered their qualifications and equipment for communications duty in the public interest when disaster strikes.
Lists of information serve as a guide for volunteers who deploy to help areas stricken by emergency disasters. This excellent guide includes the following valuable information:
- Learn what you need to pack when deploying for an emergency crisis area. This includes a basic list as well as an extended list.
- What is the National Traffic System? NTS operates daily, and consists of four different net levels – Area, Region, Section, and Local – which operate in an orderly time sequence to effect a definite flow pattern for traffic from origin to destination. When a disaster situation arises, NTS is capable of expanding its cyclic operation into complete or partial operation as needed.
- Become informed about Radio Amateur Civil Service Emergency, a part of the Amateur Radio Service that provides radio communications for civil-preparedness purposes only, during periods of local, regional or national civil emergencies. These emergencies are not limited to war-related activities, but can include natural disasters such as fires, floods and earthquakes.
- Familiarize yourself with the Incident Command System.
- Learn how to act swiftly and carefully when responding to hazardous incidents.
- Do not cause a frenzied panic! Learn the basic principles of disaster communication which include:
- Keep the QRM level down.
- Monitor established disaster frequencies.
- Avoid spreading rumors.
- Authenticate all messages.
- Strive for efficiency.
This detailed instruction guide will help teach amateur radio professionals how to react during times of emergency and crisis. This must-have guide provides a wealth of constructive information!
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles