Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
Have fun and simultaneously help your community by learning to build a radio station. An excellent way to keep the community informed about daily events and emergencies, this informative guide teaches the following:
- Learn how to select a FM channel.
- Build an affordable FM radio station with basic supplies, such as a microphone, CD player, audio mixer and tape deck.
- Determine the best location for your radio station, including how to determine best signal clarity.
- Understand how to build a simple, effective ‘no tune’ antenna.
- What is the best layout for a radio station? One-story buildings require a different layout than two-story buildings. Guessing is never productive. Do your research so you set up a viable station the first time.
- Learn the basic principles of setting up a transmitter and testing an antenna.
- Always have a dummy load on hand. A dummy load is a non-inductive method to test and fine tune transmitters.
- Have a digital frequency counter, which helps tune and set up antenna. Professional audio tone is necessary, whether transmitting for recreational or emergency purposes.
- Learn how to determine the very best location for your antenna. Signal strength can make or break a FM radio station. Understand what natural obstacles can block signal strength and what types of man-made devices can effect clarity.
Knowing how to build a radio station for your community can help prepare citizens in a time of disaster. It can also provide a mental escape from the reality of a natural disaster, providing soothing music to calm sensitive, frazzled nerves.
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles