Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
Today’s technologically advanced handheld communication devices no longer sound like children’s screams echoing through strings into tin cans. In fact, the latest FRS and GMRS radios have superior clarity over long distances, some as far as 10 miles!
Consider the following when looking to purchase a handheld communication device in today’s market. All are covered in-depth within this book:
- What is your primary objective when purchasing these devices? Do you intend to use them while boating, camping, hiking, hunting, fishing and skiing or for road trips? Perhaps you want to stay in touch with your children at the amusement park.
- While FRS radios are compact, they offer a limited 14 channels.
- GMRS radios offer a variety of channels, but require a FCC operator’s license.
- If you cannot decide between a FRS and GMRS, consider a hybrid model that is a cross between the two.
A basic introduction to general features, including:
- Privacy codes – You can assign these sub-channels, which allows only invited members to participate.
- Backlighting – Perfect for early morning hunters, campers or people interested in pursuing night-time activities.
- Adjustable Squelch – This feature helps filter interference and static noise.
- VOX – A voice activated system that forces the radio to transmit a signal when the device is dropped or it detects a sudden noise.
- Ringer – The vibrate model is excellent for hunters.
- Auto Scan – A handy feature that scans available channels.
- Selectable Power Level – A perfect option for long hikes or extended outdoor adventures.
- Out-of-Range Alert – A handy feature for children, notifying parents when someone in the party is out-of-range.
- Battery Type – Choose from AA or AAA battery options, including rechargeable batteries.
This informative buyer’s guide is excellent for introducing consumers to the pros and cons of different mobile communication devices, guiding them towards selecting which type best fits their intended needs.
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles