Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
Many survivalists are searching for a reliable means of survival communication. When times are tough and the communication systems currently in place are no longer functioning, the survivor must be prepared to provide this most basic essential for him/herself and his/her family.
Primarily, know the types of communication available and the pros and cons of each one. Nothing is 100% reliable. The article discusses the following in more detail:
- Is a Ham Radio the right option?
- Pro: This band is fantastic for local or distant communication; reception is generally clear and reliable.
- Con: We are looking for communications during “bad times.” During these times, the repeater networks that the “two-meter” band relies upon for
distant communication will break down from lack of maintenance.
- Are CB Radios reliable?
- Pro: Some CB radios lend themselves well to modification. The Uniden Grant LX and the Cobra 148 GTL are very adaptable to upgrade. The power can be turned up and the frequencies can be expanded. There are also a multitude of other useful and useless modifications that can be made to these radios.
- Con: This overrated, under-powered means of communication in its stock form is best left to the interstates of our great nation. During certain atmospheric conditions, a user would be lucky to talk one-mile.
- What are the advantages of an Export Radio?
- Pro: Export radios can operate in several modes of transmission over a much greater frequency range.
- Con: They may be somewhat difficult to find due to their illegal status.
- What is the best type of Antenna?
- Pro: The Wilson 1000 antenna can handle up to 3000 watts of power and can be purchased in three different configurations: a magnetic mount, a hardmount and a trunk lip mount. This antenna transmits and receives better that any whip antenna I have ever seen or used.
- Con: Pricey
With a variety of detailed information on selecting the right type of survival communication system to meet the needs and demands of your family, this article points you in the right direction so you can be prepared for any type of emergency.
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles