Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
Learn the benefits of having a variety of different survival communications. No one method is 100% fail proof so having a variety of communication methods is highly recommended.
This guide will explain the benefits of different types of survival communications, including:
- Two-Way Communication – Ideal for communication with nearby friends and family when you are not together.
- Amateur Radio Operator – Highlighting the benefits of becoming a Ham radio operator, many emergency communications are broadcast on these types of frequencies.
- AM vs. FM – The most common modes that everyone knows about are AM (amplitude modulation) and FM (frequency modulation). Others common modes include SSB, CW, and digital.
- Features of Handheld Transceivers, Mobile/Portable and Base Stations:
- HT – Extremely portable, lightweight, low power consumption, available with extremely wide receive frequencies. Relatively low when transmitting power with respect to other types of equipment.
- Mobile/Portable Rigs – They are smaller an lighter than dedicated base stations, but are usually more suited for emergency communications because they may be more robust and easier to transport in different disaster situations.
- Base Stations – These typically have the most features of all radios including digital processing, filters to improve signals as well as other enhancements.
- Antennas – Basically, the most important part of the radio system is the antenna.
With advanced information about “power off the grid,” this highly informative article contains a wealth of survival communications information, ensuring you are prepared for natural disasters and emergencies.
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles