Important Update: All Ultimate Survival Skills information including this book, has been moved to our new site, survivalbuilder.com. Survival Builder is an interactive survival plan builder with over 3000 quality survival books.
This comprehensive list of equipment, supplies, and personal gear for EMCOMM personnel and/or ARCTs to carry during emergency or public service activities is an excellent base recommendation for a general survivalist checklist. Use this detailed information as a guide from which to choose and make your own list(s) based upon your own requirements.
Many articles focus on two-way and radio communication; however, there are basic supplies that should be on every survivalist checklist. These include:
Necessary Survivalist Items:
- If you are stopped by the military, police or government officials, do you have an ID card?
- In an emergency, always carry your prescriptions and over-the-counter medication. It could save your life!
- Do you wear eyeglasses? Do you have a spare pair?
- Do you have an extra pair of clothes? Have you considered packing several layers in case the evenings are cool and the days warm?
- Remember to allocate one gallon of water per day per person! Dehydration is a common killer.
- Remember the basics – do you have a flashlight readily available?
- Have you considered purchasing respiratory dust masks? If there is an earthquake, tornado or hurricane, there may be harmful debris in the air.
- Always have a First-Aid kid available.
- Most emergency preparedness agencies recommend having a three-day supply of food on hand.
- Do you have a map and/or navigation device? Do you have a compass?
- Do all your supplies fit comfortable in a backpack?
- Do you have a method for easily starting a cooking fire? Have you considered waterproof matches?
- Do you have a small knife?
- Do you have a two-way communication device to communicate with family and friends close by?
This valuable guide offers personal comfort checklists, radio and communications support gear, field and survival gear, vehicle related emergency supplies and first aid and medical. This must-have guide is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts, hunters, hikers, campers and those preparing for natural disasters and emergencies.
Want a Stack Of
We are giving away our 10 most popular survival books completely free
No Strings & No Hassles